[MPlayer-users] Crash on OS X 10.3.9
risto.suominen at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 10:44:28 CET 2007
On 3/9/07, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/9/07, Risto Suominen <risto.suominen at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Now this is getting interesting... (This is my first experience with Xcode)
> > I took the old-style project into Xcode (1.5) and manually changed
> > some file names and unchecked the localization part. Then I could
> > actually compile it. And run, but only once.
> Please send the updated "old-style" project file, I'll check it in.
> > It complained about the machine not having altivec support (and
> > forcing framedrop), but continued and looked ok (a menu bar and a
> > small control panel window). I just quit and started again, and now it
> > crashed, just like the binary installation did.
> > The question is whether this has something to do with my machine, OS
> > X, or mplayer?
> I advise you to compile mplayer with a simple ./configure && make
> then try playing a file with: ./mplayer path_to_my_file
> If it works, then the problem isn't due to mplayer.
> > So, if I compile a new version every time I need it...
> Do you mean that it works everytime you run it from a fresh compilation?
> That's rather strange.
> MPlayer-users mailing list
> MPlayer-users at mplayerhq.hu
Well, that's what I meant, but it wasn't that easy. This is among the
strangest I've seen. Twice it has started: the first time I tried with
the binary package and then with my own compilation.
Mplayer works from command line, so it's MPlayer OSX that's crashing.
I wonder how it's supposed to locate mplayer?
One correction to my previous mails: my Xcode is of version 1.1.
Making gives some warnings:
VideoOpenGLView.m:140: conflicting types for `-(void)drawRect:(NSRect *)bounds'
NSView.h:200: previous declaration of `-(void)drawRect:(NSRect)rect'
(I cannot say how serious this is)
MplayerInterface.m:1062: unknown conversion type character 0x20 in format
(probably easy to fix, a % sign missing, I believe)
2007-03-10 10:40:30.846 xcodebuild Container
still contains 2 items after being deallocated. This might be a
memory leak, or an item not being properly marked as removed from its
container before being deallocated.
(this comes after COMPLETED, no idea why)
And since the result won't run on my machine, I can't say everything
is correct in the project file, but I'll mail it to you... I also had
to make changes in Makefile and create_dmg script. The .svn
directories end up inside the installer, they shouldn't...
More information about the MPlayer-users