[MPlayer-users] Crash on OS X 10.3.9

Risto Suominen risto.suominen at gmail.com
Fri Mar 9 12:38:00 CET 2007

On 3/8/07, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 3/8/07, Ergzay <ergzay at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On 2007/03/08, at 6:55, Guillaume POIRIER wrote:
> >
> > > Hi,

> > > SVN up mplayerosx snapshot, this has been fixed.
> > >

> > Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think mplayerosx compiles on
> > 10.3.9. Some of the files require Xcode 2.0 or above. Atleast this is
> > how it was a few months ago.
>
> Yep. I'm afraid I don't know by hear which version of xcode a give
> version of osx corresponds to ;-)
>
> So I take back what I said: the GUI has to be compiled on Tiger, but
> it can run theoretically run on any OSX, provided that the packager
> targeted an old enough version of OSX. I'm a little fuzzy on the
> details, but I think it's a matter of linking with the compatibility
> libraries for old OSX releases.
>
> Guillaume

So there is no way to upgrade Xcode (1.5?) in Panther?

What is so special about those files that don't compile with less than
2.0? Is it the gcc version that counts? Which files are they?

About the documentation: the INSTALL.txt included in mplayerosx talks
about cvs instead of svn. I haven't tried that, so I don't really know
what I'm talking about. In STEP1 it instructs to copy ffmpeg source
into main tree, in my svn tree it seems to be there already. I thought
they were only two alternative ways of getting the same source.

In STEP4, I don't have the mplayer target in the Makefile, but, as
above, I haven't tried the cvs tree, only svn. And the INSTALL.txt
doesn't mention the main_noaltivec tree, as in the web documentation
(12.5.1).

The web documentation suggests --with-termcaplib switch for configure,
mine doesn't accept it. The following I felt a bit misleading:

"You first need to build main and main_noaltivec.

Next, set a global variable:"

(then come the instructions for building them). Instead of "Next"
there might be "To begin with".

Risto