[MPlayer-users] Crash on OS X 10.3.9

Risto Suominen risto.suominen at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 10:10:54 CET 2007

On 3/8/07, Ergzay <ergzay at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 2007/03/01, at 7:51, Risto Suominen wrote:
>
> > On 3/1/07, Guillaume POIRIER <poirierg at gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Hi,

> >> (G3).
> >>
> >> Could you try to compile your own version of MPlayer? We don't support
> >> binary packages because god knows what parameters are used to generate
> >> the binary package? That binary maybe isn't just fit for your machine!

> >> 14
> >>
> >> why not? You can compress it with gzip if needed.
> >>
> >> Guillaume
> >>

> > Hi,
> >
> > I forgot to mention the version, 1.0rc1.
> >
> > I will try compile it...
> >
> > The crash report is attached.
>
> I am not sure what is causing your crashing, just revert back
> everything you can (without changing any previous settings from their
> non-default ones!) and what video output are you using. If you are
> using macosx then change it to quartz. macosx vo does not work on old
> mac computers that are too old to use corevideo which that video output
> is based off of. (bad default for whoever is doing that binary on the
> website.)
>
> Ergzay

Ok, thanks, I compiled the 1.0rc1 version, and it works with vo=quartz
(vo=macosx produces black video window with sound). I put it in
~/.mplayer/config. Is there a way to specify it for configure?

I also noticed that the crash seems to happen before mplayer itself is
started, because I can run "/Applications/MPlayer OSX
PPC.app/Contents/Resources/External_Binaries/mplayer_ppc.app/Contents/MacOS/mplayer"
from command line, without problems.

There seems to be a problem with building the mplayerosx GUI from svn:
files are missing. Also, the instructions available are inconsistent.

Risto