[MPlayer-users] Re: skiploopfilter: can be used besides H.264

Guillaume POIRIER poirierg at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 17:25:53 CET 2007

Hi,

On 3/5/07, José Filipe <jofivigo at gmail.com> wrote:
> Jeff Clagg <snacky <at> ikaruga.co.uk> writes:
>
> > > My problem is that I want full optimizations exclusively for H.264. I can
> fully decode everything else.
> >
> > OK. But, if this is the case, why are all of your questions about OTHER
> > codecs?
> >

> I don't understand much of this stuff. =P
>
> Simple question: what command-line options can I use to optimize H.264 playback?

It depends on your interpretation of "optimize".

If you mean more speed, then -lavdopts fast:skiploopfilter=all is as
fast as you can get (actually, if you don't care about interlaced
decoding, you can unset #define ALLOW_INTERLACE in libavcodec/h264.c
and get about 2% speed-up).

If you mean more quality, leave settings to default.

Guillaume