[MPlayer-users] Synchronized video between multiple computers (mplayer or others?)

Christian Knoepfle christian.knoepfle at igd.fraunhofer.de
Fri Mar 2 13:54:42 CET 2007

Dear All,

is there a way to synchronize video playback between multiple computers,
e.g. you have two computers with two screens and two videos of the same
length, one showing the left part of the movie and the other one the right
part of the movie? So when I play back both of them, arrange the screens
side by side I get the full video.

Actually I am looking for a solution which is not only limited to 2
computers but could handle 24 for playing back a video of 6000x3000 pixels
(each computer delivers 1024x768pixels, 6 in a row, 4 columns, see
www.heyewall.com for more details). So I would split the big video in 24
smaller videos and then I would like to play them back frame synced.

OS is Suse Linux and we have gigabit ethernet.

Any ideas or hint highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Best

Christian