[MPlayer-users] Re: [BUG] movie-aspect autodetection failes for mkv in r22325

lists at eastcheap.org lists at eastcheap.org
Fri Mar 2 01:41:29 CET 2007

On Wed, 28 Feb 2007, Andrew Savchenko wrote:

>> Um, well. There's a patch,

> Yes, this works fine for me for some days too.
> It seems that uncoditional aspect ratio change in r22295 was wrong
> thing.

I don't know why it was changed unless the plan is to (eventually) deal
with the vprp info later.  It still hasn't percolated up to trunk (22405)
yet (what is it, a fortnight now?)

vd_xvid4.c has exactly the same problem.  I patched it to only
conditionally alter sh->aspect and am now enjoying xvid content at the
proper aspect ratio as well (without ffmpeg's dropped frames).