[MPlayer-users] I want to use mplayer-only and mencoder-only features in the same command line.

Louis Patterson louis.patterson at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 08:42:24 CET 2007

I have written a script for the conversion of various computer files
to DVD-videos. It uses mplayer to do decompression and demuxing [-vo
file &c], various other programs to process the video and audio
seperately and remux them [the mjpeg tools, mostly]; it's working
fairly well.

However, it doesn't appear to support variable frame rate materials.
To do this I apparently need to use -ofps framerate, but mplayer
doesn't support this, only mencoder.

However, mencoder only appears to support a single output stream, so
if I shifted to mencoder I'd need a seperate demuxer [probably,
ironicaly enough, mplayer!].

This doesn't appeal to me. Is there something I've missed that would
provide an easier way?