[MPlayer-users] dvdnav and sony dvd

Daniel Harris mail.dharris at googlemail.com
Thu Jun 28 17:52:37 CEST 2007

Hello All

I am having a problem with the sound when playing a sony protected dvd from
within mplayer, xine and vlc.  There are pops and crackles at certain stages
of the disk  and they are very annoying and I wonder if anybody on the list
has experienced any thing similar and does anybody know how to stop the
crackles. The disk in question is " The Da vinci code" (all other disks play
ok, and 2 copies of the Davinci code have the same cracks an pops) and my
system is debian stable with help from debian-multimedia.org repo.

Also on the same disk dvdnav has problems when using the menu scenes to seek
to chapters, in fact it just returns to the beginning and then quits with
the following error but seeking to chapter with @ works fine.

a52: CRC check failed!
a52: error at resampling

thanks in advance