[MPlayer-users] ON2 FLIX Engine Mencoder

Sean Montague sean at videobloom.com
Mon Jun 25 23:49:30 CEST 2007

I have recently been handed videos that after much time researching
encoding options, had to use FLIX Pro to get an acceptable result.
Because of this, we will be moving to the ON2 Flix Engine for Linux.
 From what I understand, the Flix Engine uses mencoder to encode. The
only advantage would be the VP6 codec option. I have yet to figure out
why Flix Pro was able to encode the videos acceptably and not mencoder.
I know given enough time, I probably could, but time has run out. Should
I expect the Flix Engine to give similar results as Flix Pro or just
mencoder?

Sean