[MPlayer-users] can mplayer broadcast radio

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sun Jun 24 18:15:53 CEST 2007

Martin Ivanov wrote:

> Thank you very much for your attention. Either I did not catch what
> you mean, or there is some misunderstanding. My question is whether
> mplayer itself can stream, not receive streams over the internet. I
> know that mplayer can be  used for listening to streams. But can it
> generate streams? I want to broadcast an internet radio and I need
> software that streams mp3 files.

MPlayer is a player (and MEncoder is an encoder/muxer), not a streaming
server. So, no.

If you reply to this, please do so by hitting Reply, not by creating a
new non-reply message (and, therefore, a new thread) with a similar but
non-identical subject line.

Also, when replying, please quote what you are replying to, as I have
done above.

In replying to a quoted message, please do not put your reply above the
quoted material; this is known as "top-posting", and is bad etiquette.

Please also do not send messages with long individual lines; insert line
breaks (either by hand or as an automatic feature of your mail software)
every so many characters - 80 is considered a reasonable maximum, and
some people argue for as low as 70; 72 seems to be about the standard.

--
       The Wanderer doesn't know why he's taking the time to go into
this on this message in particular

side of it.

Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny.