[MPlayer-users] Problem with DVD playback

Jack Smith jack.delbert at gmail.com
Sun Jun 24 17:07:39 CEST 2007

I wasn't using dvdnav.
mplayer dvd://10 -dvd-device /dev/hdc -alang ja -slang en -fs

Anyway, thought I'd try it since everyone's talking about it and ran this
 mplayer dvdnav:// -dvd-device /dev/hdc

Got a nice DVD screen but I can't navigate it.  At least not with my mouse
and I can't guess what I should be doing.  Is there a how-to somewhere so I
can find out how it's supposed to work?

Thanks,
Jack

On 6/24/07, Nico Sabbi <nicola_sabbi at fastwebnet.it> wrote:

> Jack Smith wrote:
> > You don't have to get it right, just try something and then check the
> > messages.  Look for something like I got with "Ah! My Goddess".
> >
> > audio stream: 0 format: ac3 (stereo) language: en aid: 128.
> > audio stream: 1 format: ac3 (stereo) language: ja aid: 129.
> > number of audio channels on disk: 2.
> > subtitle ( sid ): 0 language: en
> > subtitle ( sid ): 1 language: en
> >
> > -aid 129 gave me the Japanese language audio I wanted.  I did have to
> try
> > both sids.  -sid 1 gave me the English subtitles I was looking for.  I
> > haven't tried enough of these to be sure this method always works, but
> it
> > did for me.
> >
> > Jack
> >
> > On 6/23/07, Alexander Roalter <alex at roalter.it> wrote:
> >

> I retried to play some of my dvdnavs, and guess what? -alang and
> -slang work as expected. I can only think of a reason why they don't
> work for you guys: you ripped them remapping the stream ids. Is it the
> case?

English doesn't borrow from other languages -- English follows other
languages down dark alleys and takes what it wants.