[MPlayer-users] wanna help make a newbies manual?

adam hyde adam at xs4all.nl
Sun Jun 24 12:43:28 CEST 2007

hey Stribik,

> I am interested. If you think its useful, I can write a small program
> for configuration, with kernel's `make menuconfig` like interface. It
> reads the possible options from the `configure --help` (this part is
> done), displays a nice menuconfig interface, and calls configure with
> the selected switches, then shows the results.

hey, this would be _very_ useful! are you still keen? It would be a cool
tool to have a a very good thing to include in the documentation. It
would certainly help newbies on all linux platforms install from
source...

>  > I have started one with some installation guides (for Windows, OSX and
>  > Ubuntu) and a how-to for playing files. You can see here it:
>  > http://en.flossmanuals.net/mplayer (there is a dutch translation here:
>  > http://nl.flossmanuals.net/mplayer )
> Your manual page only describes the installation process from deb
> package, which is trivial IMO. So I think you should add an
> "installation from source" chapter, or improve the installation chapter
> in the official documentation. (I dont know if that is possible.) I
> think mplayer has a lot more optional dependencies than those 15
> packages in the software requirements chapter.

i will look to add an installation from source...(anyone can add it if
they like, the wiki is open)

Let me know if you are still interested  :)

adam