[MPlayer-users] Latest SVN - Subtitles broken for VOBs, DTS support removed(?), LIVE555 fails to compile, undefined ENABLE_* functions in libavcodec/dsputil.c

Rick Harris rickharris at mightylegends.zapto.org
Sun Jun 17 06:19:48 CEST 2007

On Sat, 16 Jun 2007 08:47:10 pm Nico Sabbi wrote:
> Rick Harris wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > To start with, I'd encountered some problems with subtitles either not
> > being found or able to be displayed when playing a DVD VOB file while
> > using an SVN snapshot from 27/4/2007. When using the '-sid <X>' argument,
> > only the first subtitle stream is ever displayed, regardless of the sub
> > stream number specified.
>
> upload a sample to incoming, please

The previously mentioned dsputil.c problem + undefined references at link time have been fixed today with an SVN update (Revs. 9347 + 23567), thanks.
I also noticed that DTS support has not been removed but seems to be now taken from libavcodec's libdca ('ffdca').

So, was able to test if the same subtitling problem still exists in latest SVN, and it does.
Have uploaded a sample to incoming/ titled 'no_subs_displayed_past_sid0.VOB'.

Sub1	-> Dutch
Sub2	-> English
Sub3	-> Finnish
Sub4	-> French
Sub5	-> German

Have verified that the file and all it's subtitle streams are OK, by having them work in 'MPlayer-1.0rc1', 'vlc' and 'xine'.

Cheers,
Rick