[MPlayer-users] MOV Dimensions Not Set Error

RC cooleyr at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 02:44:02 CEST 2007

On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 09:27:53 -0700
Larry Reznick <lreznick at idistream.com> wrote:

> 1. Why is it skipping frames or calling out duplicate frames, which it
> does from frame 125 on for nearly all the frames following?

You didn't use -mc 0 and -noskip.  Tends to be a problem when copying
video, or using an external audio file, and you're doing both.  I
believe this is in the FAQ and HTML docs.

> 2. When playing the muxed result, the frame rate is correct until the
> next VUI comes along. Then, the frame rate goes back to the ~15 fps
> (15000:1001) instead of staying with the ~30 fps (30000:1001)
> requested  during the encoding. Shouldn't mencoder's -ofps override
> whatever the  VUI says?

You're copying the video, unmodified, not reencoding, so no, probably
not.

Also, I'm not sure using a colon ':' is valid for ofps.

> Is this some trouble with the "-ovc copy" option?

There's a quick way to find out... quicker than asking, in fact.