[MPlayer-users] SVN make fails on Mac OS X, Undefined symbols: _FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder _FT_Request_Size

KURAAKU Deibiddo kuraaku.deibiddo at gmail.com
Fri Jun 15 01:22:10 CEST 2007

Hey, hopefully someone can help me out with this.  I've tried several times
to compile mplayer from SVN, with these options:

  Enabled optional drivers:
    Input: ftp tv libdvdcss(internal) dvdread(internal) vcd network
    Codecs: qtx x264 xvid libdv libavcodec real xanim faad2 faac libmpeg2
liba52 mp3lib libtheora speex tremor(internal) twolame libmad
    Audio output: openal mpegpes(file) macosx
    Video output: md5sum pnm jpeg png mpegpes(file) opengl xv x11 xover tga
macosx quartz
    Audio filters:
  Disabled optional drivers:
    Input: dvdnav vstream pvr radio tv-teletext tv-v4l2 tv-v4l1 live555 cddb
cdda dvb smb
    Codecs: libamr_wb libamr_nb win32 musepack toolame liblzo gif
    Audio output: sun alsa jack polyp esd arts oss ivtv dxr2 nas sdl
    Video output: xvidix winvidix cvidix bl zr zr2 ivtv dxr3 dxr2 sdl vesa
gif89a fbdev svga caca aa ggi xmga mga dga xvmc dfbmga directfb tdfx_vid
s3fb tdfxfb 3dfx
    Audio filters: ladspa

And after trying it several times, the last few lines are always the same:

cc -o mplayer mplayer.o m_property.o mp_fifo.o mp_msg.o mixer.o
parser-mpcmd.o subopt-helper.o command.o asxparser.o codec-cfg.o cpudetect.o
edl.o find_sub.o m_config.o m_option.o m_struct.o mpcommon.o parser-cfg.o
playtree.o playtreeparser.o spudec.o sub_cc.o subreader.o vobsub.o
unrarlib.o libvo/libvo.a libao2/libao2.a input/libinput.a
libmpcodecs/libmpcodecs.a libaf/libaf.a libmpdemux/libmpdemux.a
stream/stream.a libswscale/libswscale.a libvo/libosd.a
libavformat/libavformat.a libavcodec/libavcodec.a libavutil/libavutil.a
libpostproc/libpostproc.a mp3lib/libmp3.a liba52/liba52.a
libmpeg2/libmpeg2.a libfaad2/libfaad2.a tremor/libvorbisidec.a
dvdread/libdvdread.a libdvdcss/libdvdcss.a libass/libass.a osdep/libosdep.a
-lXext -lX11 -lXv -lXinerama -lXxf86vm -lGL -framework OpenAL -lfaac -lx264
-lmp3lame -L/usr/X11R6/lib -L/opt/local/lib/ -L/usr/local/lib  -liconv
-lncurses -framework Carbon -framework QuickTime -framework CoreAudio
-framework AudioUnit -framework AudioToolbox -framework Cocoa -framework
QuartzCore -framework OpenGL -lpng -lz -ljpeg -framework IOKit
-L/usr/local/lib -lfreetype -lz -lfontconfig  -lz -lmad -lspeex -ltheora
-ldv -lxvidcore -lm     -lm
/usr/bin/ld: Undefined symbols:
_FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder
_FT_Request_Size
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [mplayer] Error 1

Unfortunately, running a Google search tells me nothing informative (or
really anything at all) as to why _FT_Glyph_StrokeBorder is undefined, and
_FT_Request_Size doesn't even return any pages.

I'd like to get ASS support to work, and i have the newest version of
Freetype2 installed.

Any ideas?

My config.mak and config.h are at:

http://mordeth.bitbucket.be/mplayer/config.h