[MPlayer-users] mencoder audio distortion on MacOSX

Lev Givon lev at columbia.edu
Fri Jun 8 20:39:09 CEST 2007

Received from Guillaume POIRIER on Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 12:31:23PM EDT:

(snip)

> > Has anyone else observed similar problems when running mencoder on
> > Intel-based MacOSX systems? If so, has anyone managed to somehow
> > circumvent it?
>
>  I think attached patch should fix it. Please try it and report.
>
>  Guilaume

Thanks for the patch; it does eliminate the scratchiness when the
generated file is played with mplayer. However, I don't hear any audio
output whatsoever when playing the file with quicktime player. (The
same applies to the other RealMedia files I tested.) Perhaps the
file's audio stream is not being properly recorded on MacOSX?

$ file out.avi
out.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 400 x 300, video: DivX 5, audio:
MPEG-1 Layer 3 (mono, 22050 Hz)

Using the previously mentioned version of mencoder on Linux, the
resulting file's identification info looks like this:

$ file out.avi
out.avi: RIFF (little-endian) data, AVI, 400 x 300, video: DivX 5, audio:
MPEG-1 Layer 3 (mono, 22050 Hz)

							L.G.