[MPlayer-users] Playback issues with dual-core - audio/video out of sync

Brano branob at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 15:08:20 CEST 2007

I've recently upgraded my single core Athlon for Dual-core Athlon CPU
(just a CPU swap, no other changes on the system).

Since the swap, on some movies played through mplayer viedo and audio
gets randomly out of sync.
More specific, audio continues to play OK, but video is approximately 2x
the speed. This starts anywhere in the movie and stops when I manually
do FF and play again. I've seen it on MKV h264 files mostly, but on divx
too.

Any ideas what may be wrong?

Thanks,
Brano