[MPlayer-users] Interaction of slave-mode set_volumewith commandline -af volume=...

Phil Rhodes phil_rhodes at rocketmail.com
Tue Jul 31 18:53:06 CEST 2007

> You can change it with -softvol.

Thanks, but I've tried that. If I set -softvol on the commandline (without
the -af volume filter), then send set_volume commands, volume seems to be
set to 0 for any value less than 99, or 100 for 100 - or something which
makes it sound like that. I don't get a fade in as increase the value I'm
sending to set_volume; it just chops in hard when the level gets to 100%.

Is there something else I have to enable when using -softvol to make
set_volume commands work normally?

Phil