[MPlayer-users] compiling svn with dvdnav support

JonY 10walls at gmail.com
Tue Jul 31 03:49:03 CEST 2007

William Norfleet wrote:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>
>> wrong version.
>>
>> svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav libdvdnav
>> ./configure2 && make && make install
>> dvdnav-config --minilibs && echo I AM USING THE RIGHT VERSION OF DVDNAV
>>
>> If you read the above message on the terminal you have all configured
>> correctly :-)
>>
>> then re-configure mplayer and re-compile. If all is fine you don't need
>> to specify any parameter to mplayer
>>

> Alas, still no luck in getting dvdnav support:
>
> As normal user, unless otherwise noted:
> 1.  cd /home/bill/opt/mplayerfiles
> 2.  svn co svn://svn.mplayerhq.hu/dvdnav/trunk/libdvdnav libdvdnav
>          A    libdvdnav/examples/Makefile.am
>           U   libdvdnav
>          Checked out revision 951.
> 3.  cd libdvdnav
> 4.  ./configure2
> 5.  make
> 6.  as root:  make install
> 7.  cd /usr/local/bin
> 8.  ./dvdnav-config --minilibs && echo I AM USING THE RIGHT VERSION OF DVDNAV
>          Usage: dvdnav-config [OPTIONS] [LIBRARIES]
>                  [--prefix[=DIR]]
>                  [--version]
>                  [--libs]
>                  [--cflags]
>
> <To be clear, echo of "I AM USING. . ." does not occur.>
>
> 9.  as root:  ./dvdnav-config --minilibs && echo I AM USING THE RIGHT VERSION OF DVDNAV
>          Usage: dvdnav-config [OPTIONS] [LIBRARIES]
>                  [--prefix[=DIR]]
>                  [--version]
>                  [--libs]
>                  [--cflags]
>
> <To be clear, echo of "I AM USING. . ." does not occur.>
> Attempting to configure mplayer anyway, of course, does not work:
> 1.  make distclean
> 2.  snv update
>          Updated to revision 23952.
> 3.  ./configure --prefix=$HOME/mplayer/ --enable-xmms --enable-gui --enable-larg efiles
>          Checking for DVD support (libdvdnav) ... no
> 4.  cat configure.log
>          ============ Checking for DVD support (libdvdnav) ============
>          4.1.1
>          Usage: dvdnav-config [OPTIONS] [LIBRARIES]
>                  [--prefix[=DIR]]
>                  [--version]
>                  [--libs]
>                  [--cflags]
>
>          Result is: no
>          ##########################################
>

> A possibly relevant section of dvdnav-config is:
>      --libs)
>        echo_libs=yes
>        ;;
>      --minilibs)
>        if test "$dvdread" = "external"; then
>            echo_minilibs=yes
>        else
>            usage 1 1>&2
>        fi
>        ;;
>      *)
>        usage 1 1>&2
>        ;;
>    esac
>    shift
> [...]
Hello,
can you post the messages from make during make install?

If you did a make install, there should be a libdvdnavmini.so.4 in your
libdir, I could be wrong about the name, I'm still unsure how libtool
mangles names. If yes, something went wrong during make install. Wrong
prefix maybe? Does dvdnav also come with your distro?

Also type "cd ~ && which dvdnav-config" to check where dvdnav-config
comes from, compare them to the make install messages.

Hope it helps.