[MPlayer-users] Can't compile mplayer with amr

Robert Bradbury robert.bradbury at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 21:08:38 CEST 2007

On 7/25/07, ying lcs <yinglcs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. But when I only see 'libamrnb.la", there is no *.so file?

Look in the .la file and see what it points to .  I don't understand how the
entire process works but I think in some cases the .la file can be setup to
redirect to other libraries.

You may wan to look at the output of make and/or the make install to see if
it made a .so file and if so where it may have put it.

My "build" process is something like:
tar xzf libxxx.version.gz (or xjf libxxx.version.bz2)
cd libxxx.version
sh configure --help > 0CONFIG.help
sh configure > 1CONFIG.lst 2>&1
make > 2MAKE.lst 2>&1
make install > 3INSTALL.lst 2>&1

It works much of the time.  When it doesn't I backtrack through the .lst
files to see what went wrong.  Searching for strings like "error:" tends to
be helpful.