[MPlayer-users] Subtitle doesn't disappear

Kal kalounet at gmail.com
Wed Jul 25 16:25:35 CEST 2007

Attila Kinali a écrit :
> I mean that if you are reporting any kind of problem, you
> should _always_ follow our bug reporting guidelines. Otherwise
> we cannot tell whether it is a real bug or just PEBCAK.
>
> As an example, you said you have problems with subtitles, but
> we do not know what kind of subtitles you are talking about,
> whether they are text subs, dvd subs or vobsubs and not at
> all whether you used any substitle option that might change the
> behaviour. We do also not know what mplayer version you are using,
> whether you compiled it yourself or got a broken binary package.
> Not even do we know what OS we are talking about.
>
> 			Attila Kinali
All right, here is more details. This problem appears only with SRT
subtitles. If I play an AVI/MKV video file with SRT subtitles (or
integrated subtitles in mkv container), then the problem appears. By the
way, the problem is not present when I play a DVD or an AVI file with
vobsub subtitles (IDX).

I use mplayer svn snapshot : MPlayer dev-SVN-r23673-4.1.2
Here are the details according to bugreports.html :

Kernel :
Linux kal-desktop 2.6.20-gentoo-r4 #1 SMP Sat Apr 7 18:07:41 UTC 2007
i686 Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU 6400 @ 2.13GHz GenuineIntel GNU/Linux

libc version :
rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1213856 jui 21 22:09 /lib/libc-2.5.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root      11 jui 21 22:09 /lib/libc.so.6 -> libc-2.5.so

gcc version : 4.1.2

ld version : 2.17

binutils version : 2.17

CPU info :
processor       : 0
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 2128.055
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 0
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 4259.15
clflush size    : 64

processor       : 1
vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Intel(R) Core(TM)2 CPU          6400  @ 2.13GHz
stepping        : 6
cpu MHz         : 2128.055
cache size      : 2048 KB
physical id     : 0
siblings        : 2
core id         : 1
cpu cores       : 2
fdiv_bug        : no
hlt_bug         : no
f00f_bug        : no
coma_bug        : no
fpu             : yes
fpu_exception   : yes
cpuid level     : 10
wp              : yes
flags           : fpu vme de pse tsc msr pae mce cx8 apic sep mtrr pge
mca cmov pat pse36 clflush dts acpi mmx fxsr sse sse2 ss ht tm pbe lm
constant_tsc pni monitor ds_cpl vmx est tm2 ssse3 cx16 xtpr lahf_lm
bogomips        : 4256.22
clflush size    : 64

Video Card : Nvidia 6800GT

Video Driver : nvidia