[MPlayer-users] Not getting sound - resolved

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Thu Jul 19 19:40:33 CEST 2007

>>/ I am running mplayer rc1 and not getting any sound.
/>>/ When I run mplayer -ao alsa /dev/video
/>>/ I see the video no problem but I just have no audio.
/>>/
/>>/ I have installed alsa-project 1.0.14.
/>>/ I have audio when I use aplay and some wave file.
/>>/
/>>/ How do I tell what is going wrong here?
/
>Please post the output of each of these:
>mplayer -ao help
>mplayer -v /dev/video

>--Joey

Joey,

THanks, mplayer -ao help showed me that alsa was not even an option,
the configure.log showed me why...

My script for building alsa 1.0.14 did not build the 32 bit library.
Compiling alsa-lib manually corrected the build and now mplayer has sound.

THanks,

Jerry