[MPlayer-users] reencoding artifacts

Joey Parrish joey.parrish at gmail.com
Mon Jul 16 05:23:55 CEST 2007

On 7/15/07, Steven Miller <stevenraymillerjr at yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a movie encoded, and it is almost perfect, just
> one single artifact that i can see. A persons nose has
> an echo, almost like two noses, so I would be trying
> to fix about 5-7 seconds of video. I've watched the
> original video mpeg2/dvd and it's not in the original.

You will probably have to re-encode from the original, then.  I
suggest trying different xvid options and only encoding a few minutes
on either side of the problem area.  Once you have found settings that
do not produce this artifact, you can re-encode the entire thing.

I find it highly unlikely that you'll be able to "repair" your
artifacted video without re-encoding from the original.

--Joey