[MPlayer-users] Es filtering

Angelo Difino angelo at cedeo.net
Sun Jul 15 17:35:02 CEST 2007

Hi all,
my name is Angelo, from Italy, and first of all i'd like to thank you so
much about your
very valuable work.

I've spotted MPlayer just some days ago' and I'm planning to use it in a
very easy prototype
(just to start to getting familiar with it :) ). I've read the
documentation online  but some doubts
are still here in mind...

Going directly to the point:
I need to create an ad hoc media chain where i apply an blackbox/filter
after demux and before/after
decoder in a rendering chain. Moreover, i need to put this blackbox also
in a media production chain, again
after demux and after/before decoder.

DEMUX, blackbox, DECODER, RENDERER
DEMUX, DECODER, blackbox, RENDERER

DEMUX, blackbox, MUX
DEMUX, DECODER, blackbox, ENCODER, MUX

I've seen that video/audio filter can be applied AFTER decoding process,
and i'm wondering if i can
apply this blackbox BEFORE decoding, without caring the format of the
data sent by demux to
decoder. Is it possible in MPlayer? I know that MPlayer is not a
framework at all, but maybe
your architecture permits it (but i've not seen how to do it in the docs).

Really thanks about your attention,
Best regards,
Angelo