[MPlayer-users] Playing 1920x1080 on a smaller display

koffiejunkie koffiejunkielistlurker at koffiejunkie.za.net
Tue Jul 10 19:00:58 CEST 2007

Hi guys,

When I try to play a 1920x1080 .mkv file on my notebook (1400x1050), it
scales down automatically, but the left side of the movie (looks like
the percentage that would have been off screen if it was full size) is
just solid pink.

This is using -vo xv and with the fglrx driver (Radeon 200M) but it does
the same with the radeon and ati modules.

I've tried to zoom and scale it in various different ways, but it
doesn't want to work.

Anybody knows hy this happens?

Thanks