[MPlayer-users] Crash on mkv w/ subtitles

Mark Tilford ralphmerridew at gmail.com
Tue Jul 10 00:13:30 CEST 2007

While viewing an mkv file, if I turn on subtitles, mplayer crashes as
soon as it tries to display them.  These same files worked fine a few
days ago.

Mplayer interrupted by signal 11 in module: filter_video

- MPlayer crashed by bad usage of CPU/FPU/RAM.

(Attempts to compile mplayer failed with error cabac.h:513: error:
can't find a register in class 'GENERAL_REGS' while reloading 'asm',
so I can't post a gdb backtrace.)

Since it worked before, and I don't think I upgraded mplayer recently,
I don't think it's a problem with mplayer; any ideas how to trace what
program I need to downgrade?

(Ubuntu feisty system)