[MPlayer-users] Having trouble figuring out command for dvb://

Nathaniel Homier nathaniel.homier at gmail.com
Fri Jul 6 02:50:02 CEST 2007

I am trying to use dvb:// but can not figure out command to input.  I
went to http://www.mplayerhq.hu/DOCS/HTML/en/mpeg_decoders.html#dvb but
this was of no help.  I have a channels.conf and have tried putting in
the data directly to no avail.  I tried putting the entire line like
this dvb://[0001]:459000000:QAM_256:2048:2049:1 but this does not work.
I tried to make the line shorter as well as various combinations of the
numbers.  Mplayer works great doing dvd:// and changing channels via h
and k but I need to enter data directly from the channels.conf.  I know
the [0001] is the channel and the next number is freq and the modulation
then the video and audio pids.  I just don't know how to put the numbers
correctly after dvb://

[0001]:459000000:QAM_256:2048:2049:1
[0002]:459000000:QAM_256:2112:2113:2
[0003]:459000000:QAM_256:2176:2177:3