[MPlayer-users] CoreAVC codec's current status (fixme please)

e-t172 e-t172 at akegroup.org
Tue Jul 3 09:00:20 CEST 2007

kofboy a écrit :
> did CoreAVC use duo core under linux?

I use CoreAVC under Windows (mplayer compiled with MinGW). I don't know
about Linux.

> what CPU are u useing? and the byte rate of the 1080p H.264?

I have a Core 2 Duo E6600. I watch pure HDTV 1080i H.264 videos from TS
files (meaning : they haven't been transcoded). Bitrate is approx. 18
mbit/s. When playing these videos with CoreAVC mplayer consumes 60-70%
of the CPU (which means the second core is used).

I also play some 720p H.264 files in MKV containers which have been
transcoded from 1080i videos. The bitrate of these videos is approx. 3
mbit/s. I can play them without CoreAVC (one core is sufficiant for
libavcodec).