[MPlayer-users] Problem with compilation when libdvdnav is enabled

Rob Tanner rtanner at cheshiresgrin.net
Sun Jan 28 09:13:13 CET 2007

Hi,

I built MPlayer with GUI support and used it to watch a DVD (so I know
that works).  But not having access to the menu's is a real pain.
Therefore I downloaded libdvdnav-0.1.10 from SourceForge and compiles
and installed.  The I did a 'make clean' and ran "configure --enable-gui
--enable-gtk1".  This time it built with DVDNAV enabled.  But now, when
I try to open a DVD, I get the following error message:

FATAL: Could not initialize video filters (-vf) or video output (-vo).

Is there some conflict with libdvdnav? Any idea why simply having that
library available to MPlayer is causing that error?

Thanks,
Rob