[MPlayer-users] DVD seek forward behaviour on Windows

Mircea Croitor mcroitor at yahoo.com
Thu Jan 25 09:05:42 CET 2007

Hi,

I'm using mplayer 1.0rc1 MinGW precompiled binary, on Windows XP, for playing
DVDs. The problem is every DVD I tried to play cannot be seeked forward with
keyboards (arrows, PageUp, etc) more than approx 44 minutes (seems limited at
the first two large VOB files). When seeking past that limit, mplayer starts at
the beginning of the DVD.

Also, the seek bar of the OSD stays at zero (left) all the time, although the
seek is done in that limit of time. Some DVDs have a lower limit, some at
approx 8 minutes, after that seeking restarts the DVD from the beginning. And -
ss <time> for jumping does not work when <time> is after the limit, again goes
at the start of DVD.

It seems the problem has been reported before (threads http://
lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-users/2006-July/061354.html, and related
http://lists.mplayerhq.hu/pipermail/mplayer-cygwin/2003-February/000288.html)
but nobody solved it yet.

Please do something to solve this, mplayer is my favourite video player, I'm
using it from the time I had a K6-2 300 Mhz :)

Thank you !