[MPlayer-users] -vo macosx. Bad Memory

thyme pancakes newsbought at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 19 16:30:21 CET 2007

There was a problem with -vo macosx. libvo/vo_macos.m blows out when the
uninit function tries to release the autoreleasepool. It's not because
mplayer is not NSThread safe (I tried doing a quick detach thread before the
autoreleasepool alloc; didn't help.) Since this memory is supposed to b safe
memory, released automatically by the main thread (which may be the reason
the program dies when uninit tries to do something already done) I just
comment out the line and there are no more crashes or harm being done. From
vo_macosx.m, line 254.

/*	[autoreleasepool release];*/
//The above caused a crash. Must find a better place to do this or not do it
at all.

Of course you could avoid all these problems by setting -vo quartz which is
rock solid. However I am stupid in unusual ways and I forgot about that. Do
what suits you best.

Cheers.