[MPlayer-users] More Real audio -

Roberto Togni rxt at rtogni.it
Wed Jan 17 20:32:36 CET 2007

On Wed, 17 Jan 2007 12:55:47 +0100
Ketil Thorgersen <linuxuadio at rytmisk.net> wrote:

> Hi
>
> I've searched the archives for solutions on my problems regarding some
> real audio streams, but found no satisfying answers so I am posting instead.
>
> First - so that it is said: This is on a ubuntu edgy box where I've
> tried the official ubuntu mplayer, the rc1 from source and finally the
> latest subversion snapshop from source. The same problem for everyone of
> them a few real audio streams doesn't play while most do such as the
> ones from BBC.
>
> The stream I really want to play (in order to dump btw) is:
> http://www.wbez.org/audio_library/ram/od/od_020424.ram

[...]
Playlist that points to a smil playlist over rtsp.
You have to use -playlist with ram files, but in this case it won't
help becouse of the smil-over-rtsp thing.
I'm working on it, there is an experimental hack on the devel list.

In this case the direct url for the audio stream is
rtsp://wbez-rm.streamguys.us/od02/od_020424.rm

Ciao,
 Roberto