[MPlayer-users] open: Permission denied Couldn't open: /dev/mga_vid

aaron brick aaron at lithic.org
Wed Jan 17 02:36:11 CET 2007

hello,
i briefly had this working when i was using a matrox card. the video output
should be totally independent of what kind of file you are playing. in order
for it to work, /dev/mga_vid (and possibly /dev/fb0 too) need to be
accessible. you can use strace to see exactly what error the open() may have
failed with, but permissions are most likely. in addition, i had to set the
major/minor numbers of the mga_vid device to something other than the
default. hope these hints help,
aaron.