[MPlayer-users] How to control the lap time precisely between the audio and the jpegs???

samuel samuel0813lu at gmail.com
Sun Jan 14 06:39:31 CET 2007

Dear MPlayer fans,

i'm a newbie in reading the "mencoder" and "mplayer".

if i intend to encode my avi "Entropy.wmv" from the various jpegs
exported from the original  powerpoint file, and i'd like to sync the
audio from the already prepared background music, in my case
"water.mp3", how can i implement this by the following commands:

  mencoder mf://*.jpeg -of avi -mf  on:type=jpeg:fps=10 -ovc lavc
-lavcopts vcodec=wmv2 -audiofile water.mp3

but how could i control the lap time for the specified jpeg appeared
sync with the music, such as the following:

Pic1.jpg  Pic1.jpg ....  Pic1.jpg  Pic2.jpg  Pic2.jpg ... Pic2.jpg
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""   ........
      lap for 5 seconds                               lap for 7 seconds

How to modify my encoding command to do this motion jpeg video clips,
is there something improper or missing with my command?

the missing part, as far as i've known, lies in not understanding how
to control the lap time between the audio and the video??

can anyone help me with this problem which bothered me a lot for a while?

BTW, how to rip from the audio cd into mp3, or wmv by using
"mencoder"??  it seemed that nobody use "mencoder", except using the
"lame" in this regard?

--
Best Regards,