[MPlayer-users] Mplayer & Sony Vegas7 - WMV9

Joe Gold joe at avn.net
Fri Jan 12 05:13:41 CET 2007

I have the latest version of mplayer installed on my server which is used by
a content management script I also have installed.  I recenlty encoded a
group of video clips using the newest version of Sony Vegas 7.  When i try
and upload these video clips to my content management script which access
mplayer to create a thumb of the video clip i see this error:
Opening video decoder: [dmo] DMO video codecs Win32 Load Library failed to
load: wmv9dmod.dll, /usr/local/lib/codecs/wmv9dmod.dll,
/usr/lib/win32/wmv9dmod.dll, /usr/local/lib/win32/wmv9dmod.dll IMediaObject
ERROR: 0x85565ba could not open DMO DLL (0x0 : 0) Failed to create DMO
filter You need to upgrade/install the binary codecs package.

Like I mentioned previously I just recompiled and installed the latest
version of mplayer to my server. Additionally i have tested mplayer with
some older WMV clips I have and it works perfectly.

Does anyone know what in the WMV9 encoding exported by Sony Vegas 7 could be
causing this error?

Thank you very much for your time,

Joe