Re: [MPlayer-users] mplayer.c uncompilable on Linux!!!

mslama at mslama at
Tue Jan 9 14:19:05 CET 2007

> ------------ Původní zpráva ------------
> Od: The Wanderer <inverseparadox at>
> Předmět: Re: [MPlayer-users] mplayer.c uncompilable on Linux!!!
> Datum: 09.1.2007 13:18:06
> ----------------------------------------
> Don't hijack threads by just changing the Subject line of a reply.
> Create a new thread with a message which is not a reply.

Ok. Sorry.
> > This change added MP_TITLE to mplayer.c but there is no
> > declaretion/definition for MP_TITLE.
> > 
> >
> > from 28 Dec 2006.
> No, MP_TITLE *is* defined, via which creates version.h.
> Certainly MPlayer compiles under Linux; I compiled it less than a week
> ago, and the active developers compile it daily if not more often. Have
> you run 'make distclean' before recompiling?

No I only unzipped daily source snapshot, run configure and make. I tried now 'make distclean' and
it does not help.

The same happenned on FC5 and Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty (alpha build) so it is not specific to only one Linux

./ `cc -dumpversion`
cc -Wdeclaration-after-statement -O4 -march=pentium-m -mtune=pentium-m -pipe -ffast-math -fomit-frame-pointer -D_REENTRANT -D_LARGEFILE_SOURCE -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=64 -D_LARGEFILE64_SOURCE -I/usr/include  -I/usr/local/include/SDL  -D_REENTRANT -pthread -I/usr/include/kde/artsc -I/usr/include/glib-2.0 -I/usr/lib/glib-2.0/include  -I/usr/include/freetype2 -I. -I./libavutil -I./libavcodec   -c -o mplayer.o mplayer.c
mplayer.c: In function 'print_version':
mplayer.c:3537: error: 'MP_TITLE' undeclared (first use in this function)
mplayer.c:3537: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
mplayer.c:3537: error: for each function it appears in.)
make: *** [mplayer.o] Error 1

As I grep all source for definition of MP_TITLE I found only:
[mplayer-export-2007-01-08]> find -name '*' -print | xargs grep -n 'MP_TITLE'
./Gui/win32/gui.c:84:        SetConsoleTitle(MP_TITLE);
./Gui/win32/gui.c:89:            hwnd = FindWindow(NULL, MP_TITLE);
./mplayer.c:3537:  mp_msg(MSGT_CPLAYER, MSGL_INFO, "%s\n", MP_TITLE);

ie. no declaration is present.

> > Workaround is simple just replace MP_TITLE with string. Originator
> > should fix this change.
> Rejected. MP_TITLE is supposed to be a generated string, whose value
> cannot be determined before compile time. Hardcoding it is unacceptable.

I do not say it is solution. It was just workaround to be able quickly compile sources from daily snapshot.


More information about the MPlayer-users mailing list