[MPlayer-users] Re: supression of the console output

Gerhard P.Herbig post at herbig-3d.de
Sun Jan 7 21:00:05 CET 2007

Just to give a short comment on the suggestions (and the solution).

@ Sebastian
> From command line: start /MIN mplayer.exe ...
> From link: select "run minimized".

That will only affect the 'new' window, which will be created from the
start commamd.
So, if you use 'start' without the /min or /b option, you will get 2
windows.
The mplayer window will be created anyway.

---

@Jeremy

> Another possibility is to download the gui build. That prevents the
> console from coming up and you can just launch it with the fullscreen
> option in your config file.

I tried the gui version also, but it was more worse, than the normal
version:
At first, the console window can be seen, than the player skin can be seen
and only now the movie starts..

But that hint gave me the solution key:
I started mplayer (and gmplayer) from a batch file and double clicked the
bat-file, but that was wrong!
The solution was at first creating a 'link' (as normally done, when you
create a
desktop link for starting the gui from the desktop) and changing the
link properties
to "starting minimized".

That helped and no console will be created independent on all other options.

Thanks for all answers
Gerhard

By the way: The mplayer will be used at the 9.DGS Congress 15.-17.June 2007
in Altenberg/Colonia, Germany
(http://www.stereoskopie.org/Veranst/kongr07v-e.htm)
as official movie player.
The DGS is the German society for stereoscopy

---

@Corey
> Ah. I see now, but I don't know what you can do. I don't know much about
> Windows. On Unix, this sort of thing is a non-issue--mplayer doesn't
> ever spawn a terminal window; you can run it from a terminal or any
> other way, depending on what you need.
>
> If nobody jumps in on this thread with an idea, you can try posting to
> the mplayer-cygwin list; you may have better luck there.

Thanks, Corey - no longer needed.