[MPlayer-users] Videos are too bright

The Wanderer inverseparadox at comcast.net
Sat Jan 6 14:50:51 CET 2007

RC wrote:

> On Fri, 05 Jan 2007 22:36:16 -0500 The Wanderer
> <inverseparadox at comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> You never know who else might find the information useful,
>> particularly when searching mailing list archives in the future.
>
> You should know (as well as anybody) that nobody ever searches the
> mailing list archives before asking questions anyhow...

It doesn't happen often, but it's still more useful to have the
information somewhere rather than not recorded anywhere at all. If
nothing else, it could be a useful source of information when looking
for answers to questions asked by people who haven't bothered to search
the archives; having the information already recorded somewhere could
avoid requiring someone to re-do the digging and experimentation
necessary to figure out the solution.

I'm not in the habit of digging through mailing list archives - every
one I've ever seen reminds me too much of Web-forum interfaces, with
which I am far from comfortable for various reasons - but even I've gone
looking in response to a question from time to time. (And certainly I've
dug up answers from within my own private archive, which is much more
conveniently accessible.)

--
       The Wanderer

side of it.