[MPlayer-users] supression of the console output

Gerhard P.Herbig post at herbig-3d.de
Fri Jan 5 22:57:51 CET 2007

Hi

is there any possibility to supress the console output after starting
the mplayer? I use for example:

mplayer -really-quiet -fs sample.avi > nul

but before the movie starts, you see for a moment (some fractions
of a second) the output console. This is very annoying for using
the mplayer in a theater. (I intend to use the mplayer for our
next photo/video meeting at the DGS, www.stereoskopie.org).

I'm searching for an option like "-noconsole" or "-minimize_console"
or similar, but I didn't found any. Do you have any hint for me?

Thank you very much
Gerhard