[MPlayer-users] ASS/SSA subtitle support

thyme pancakes newsbought at hotmail.com
Fri Jan 5 19:30:51 CET 2007

On Mac OS X 10.3.9. How do I get it to work?

I've tried installing freetype 2.21 and installing it in the default
location of /usr/local/.
configure won't detect it. I've tried using configure
--with-freetype-config; true type still not detected. I've compiled libass
with true type support using -I "/usr/local/include/truetype2". I can make
libass, but I can't enable configure to recognize it, nor does it work when
I physically edit config.mak to set CONFIG_ASS = to yes. It compiles without
problem but the subtitles are still not displayed.

End of the rope here. Has anyone got ASS support to work on Mac OS? What
steps, library versions, commandline params did you use to do it?

Cheers