[MPlayer-users] Could not parse arguments with filenames containing a comma

Jean-Baptiste Quenot jbq at caraldi.com
Thu Jan 4 23:02:09 CET 2007

Hi,

Thanks for providing MPlayer, great program!

I'm currently using it to decode Apple's MPEG-4 AAC, and it works
great:

  $ mplayer -ao pcm:file=track.raw track.m4a

However when the file to convert contains a comma, I can't manage
to make mplayer write the correct output file:

  $ mplayer -ao pcm:file=track,sure.raw track,sure.m4a

This command works but the output file is "track" instead of
"track,sure.raw".

I also tried the string-escaping that is documented in the man
page:

  $ mplayer -ao pcm:file=%14%track,sure.raw track,sure.m4a

But it says:

  Could not parse arguments at the position indicated below:
  file=%14%track
       ^

For the moment I switched to faad (specific decoder for this
format), but I still wanted to report this issue.

Any idea?
--
     Jean-Baptiste Quenot
aka  John Banana   Qwerty