[MPlayer-users] flash video

Jeremy Hansen jebrhansen at gmail.com
Thu Jan 4 11:09:56 CET 2007

On 1/3/07, john znuck <wlwireless at yahoo.com> wrote:
> After downloading a flash video, I can play it by clicking on it. But when I move it to the server dir /var/www, I can't play it fr firefox browser whereas there is no such problem for other formats.

The video files you download are in flv format. You need a shockwave
player to play them.

As far as I know mplayer-plugin does not support flv's but you could
probably send them a mail asking for support.

As far as the mime types are concerned you will need to check the
actually mimetypes on your web server to make sure those are setup
properly.

Jeremy