[MPlayer-users] AC3 and DTS passthrough in OS X

Marcus Svensson macke at illion.se
Wed Jan 3 12:31:53 CET 2007

I have a M-Audio Transit USB soundcard with AC3 and DTS passthrough
capability in Mac OS X 10.4.8 (Intel based).
When I add the "-afm hwac3" to the command line, all I get is choppy
sound. The sound is just like the sound I get for half a second when the
soundcard changes from PCM to AC3/DTS in a player where passthrough works.
Passthrough, for example, works in VLC.

Isn't my soundcard supported by MPlayer, or is this a known problem with
MPlayer in OS X?