[MPlayer-users] Problem playing certain files through xv

Dominik 'Rathann' Mierzejewski dominik at rangers.eu.org
Mon Jan 1 23:23:00 CET 2007

On Monday, 01 January 2007 at 14:29, Jeremy Hansen wrote:

> >> Obviously the problem.  It's unfortunate that MPlayer crashes instead of
> >> exiting properly, but you really can't expect MPlayer to be able to
> >> exceed the limitations of your video hardware (or workaround driver or
> >> X11 bugs if that is the case here).

> >> If you have it set to only use a small ammount of shared video memory,
> >> you can try increasing it in the BIOS.
> >
> >It's not a BIOS issue.
> >Read man i810.
>
> I actually did that yesterday, but it seems like my xorg.conf file is
> correct. I have this info in it...
>
> Section "Device"
>    Identifier  "Intel"
>    Driver      "i810"
>    Option      "VideoRam"      "65536"
> EndSection

*sigh*

       Option "LinearAlloc" "integer"
              Allows  more  memory  for  the offscreen allocator. This usually
              helps in situations where HDTV movies are required to  play  but
              not  enough  offscreen  memory is usually available. Set this to
              6144 for upto 1920x1080 HDTV support.  Default 0KB (off).

Regards,
R.

--
MPlayer developer and RPMs maintainer: http://mplayerhq.hu http://rpm.livna.org