[MPlayer-users] duration of dumped wma files

RC rcooley at spamcop.net
Mon Jan 1 02:57:29 CET 2007

On Sun, 31 Dec 2006 13:13:43 +0100
Gerald Grabner <gerald.grabner at gmx.net> wrote:

> Looks like the output format "wma" is not available

I never understood why so many people think you can just change the name
of a file, and have the program guess what you want...  Pretty much only
ffmpeg and a couple other programs work like that.  MEncoder does not.

> and that encoding doesn't work for only audio files.

That's quite true.  You can use rawvideo, then pass the wma with
-audiofile, but I think you'd be better off just using ffmpeg.