[MPlayer-users] Reading date and time stamp information from a DV-AVI file

Ravishankar Chityala chith001 at umn.edu
Tue Feb 27 19:58:23 CET 2007

Hi
  I have a DV-AVI file that i need to read and extract the information
regarding date and time stamp.
  The avi file contains shots taken at various time and date. I need to
extract the start date and start time stamp for each of the blocks which
was acquired continuously. Can mplayer / mencoder find that? I tried
looking through the documentation and i couldn't find any information
regarding this. Also i would like to perform this using a scripting
program as i have 1000's of hours of video and manually finding that
would be tedious.
  If mplayer / mencoder cannot perform this, is there any alternative?

Ravi