[MPlayer-users] Help with stuttering problem

larrystotler at netscape.net larrystotler at netscape.net
Tue Feb 27 05:44:44 CET 2007

-----Original Message-----
From: rcooley at spamcop.net
Does it happen with just video (-noaudio), and with just audio
(-novideo)? Does it happen when you decode both, but output neither (-ao
null -vo null).  Is your CPU at 100% or partially idle?  Do
CPU-intensive apps other than MPlayer have similar problems?

1.  Using -ao null and -vo null, it showed a hang at about every
1.8-2.0 seconds in.
2.  Using top, it shows between 40 and 70% cpu usage decoding an xvid.
3.  I don't have any other apps really configured.  I use MPlayer for
all my playback and encoding.  I guess I can try d/ling vlc media
player and see if that does it as well......unless you have another
suggestion.....  Thanx