[MPlayer-users] bug report: flash video (flv) video is out of sync

David Liontooth liontooth at cogweb.net
Tue Feb 20 06:06:36 CET 2007

Robert La Ferla wrote:
> When trying to playback some FLV (flash video) files, the video plays
> at a much faster rate than the audio (which plays at normal speed.)
> This at least occurs on Mac OS X 10.4 (Intel) but I have yet to try it
> on other platforms.
Is the video playing faster, or is it just ahead of or behind the audio?
Does the a/v sync get progressively worse, or stay the same throughout?
You can use the - and + keys to adjust the sync -- my guess is that once
you get them in sync, they stay in sync.

Flash is known for having audio that is a second or two ahead of the
video. You can work around it in several ways -- use mplayer -delay, or
embed an audiodelay in the flashfile with flvtool2. If you want to
report it as a bug, you might request a default delay or some other more
elegant way to handle this.

If someone knowledgeable on flash would comment, that would be great.

Dave