[MPlayer-users] HDCP Support

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Mon Feb 19 19:29:31 CET 2007

Hello,
On Mon, Feb 19, 2007 at 01:15:34PM -0500, tom wrote:
> 	I know some Nvidia cards support HDCP and have drivers.

Assuming from your sig you are using Linux. I am really certain there
are not and never will be Linux drivers with HDCP "support". What is the
point of encrypting the stream to the display when everyone can hack the
kernel to grab the data there?

> Has anyone tried
> using MPlayer to play any HDCP media using HDMI/DVI output with any of these
> cards?

??? There is no HDCP media. HDCP is just (more or less) an encryption
layer over HDMI. And certainly MPlayer won't enable HDCP, what for? We
don't profit from hardware sales caused by this intentional breakage
of old devices after all...

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger