[MPlayer-users] gl/g2 don't work well with -wid in windows

Reimar Döffinger Reimar.Doeffinger at stud.uni-karlsruhe.de
Sun Feb 18 21:05:04 CET 2007

Hello,
On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 08:47:41PM +0100, Pepe wrote:
> El Domingo, 18 de Febrero de 2007 20:15, Reimar Döffinger escribió:
> > It does not for me, and not with MPUI either.
> > Maybe you both do not call SetPixelFormat with a format that has
> > PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL before drawing into the hdc?
>
> No I don't. I didn't know I had to do this.
> I'll try to fix it.

Well, it's a bit unclear to me what exactly is needed, but
PFD_SUPPORT_OPENGL is needed to allow OpenGl rendering on it.
And the SetPixelFormat description says
"If hdc references a window, calling the SetPixelFormat function also
changes the pixel format of the window. Setting the pixel format of a
window more than once can lead to significant complications for the
Window Manager and for multithread applications, so it is not allowed.
An application can only set the pixel format of a window one time. Once
a window's pixel format is set, it cannot be changed."
so I guess you might end up with a window that can't do OpenGL, at least
that's my best explanation so far.
It might also be related to this comment though:
"an OpenGL window should be created with the WS_CLIPCHILDREN and
WS_CLIPSIBLINGS styles. Additionally, the window class attribute should
not include the CS_PARENTDC style."

Greetings,
Reimar Döffinger